Ten years ago, we never imagined this little job creation program would actually even make it a year. But, something pretty special emerged from a little village in Cambodia, and here we are about to celebrate turning 10 years old!
We think that's a great reason to throw a huge Party -- IN CAMBODIA!! That's right, we're throwing a party, Khmer style, and want to invite our friends from other parts of the world to join us for a trip of a lifetime.
Whether you've been a friend for all 10 years or just getting to know us, YOU'RE INVITED!!
Our team is so excited to host this truly epic trip for our friends -- maybe that's YOU!?!?! We hope it stirs a longing in you to join us because...well...we are over-the-moon thrilled to celebrate together!
This trip is for you if...
- You like adventure and fun!
- You'd prefer to have someone you trust handling the details and logistics of a trip to such an exotic location -- we'll handle all that; you just enjoy the trip: Easy Button!
- You have a longing to see the impactful work happening to fight human trafficking up close and personal.
- You want to experience a part of the world most have never seen.
- You're ready for a trip beyond laying on the beach (as fun as that can be) or touring some touristy location (also quite fun). Instead, you're ready to try something beyond what you already know or even imagine!
- You want to see the incredible city of Bangkok and visit Angkor Wat, one of the seven man-made wonders of the world!
Here are the basics:
Trip Dates: October 21-30, 2023
This all-inclusive 10-day trip includes stunning 4-star Hotels (in Bangkok & Siem Reap), delicious meals each day, beautiful accommodations, all ground transportation, logistics & scheduling, travel insurance, & an epic party to celebrate 10 years with Landmine Design!
We we're excited to offer two package options:
Party Package -- $1700 / person
The Party Package includes private hotel rooms in Bangkok and Siem Reap (double occupancy so you can bring a friend or loved one or be matched up with another guest). Once in Cambodia, lodging will be at our beautiful Team Center where you'll share clean, air conditioned rooms with other guests.
Elite Package -- $2200 / person
Want more privacy? The Elite package offers a private air conditioned hotel room in Cambodia instead of the Team Center, and includes ground transportation (20 minute drive each way) to join our group for meals and excursions.
What's not included? Drinks or food during travel as well as outside of group meals; souvenirs, massages, tips for hotels or staff, purchases of specially made Landmine products for the 10 year celebration, extra excursions individuals might want to try along the way, extra travel/health insurance beyond the basic emergency insurance we provide.
We can't wait to see you!
- October 21 -- We can't wait to pick you up upon your arrival in Bangkok and will arrange for your hotels, ground transportation, food and excursions.
- October 22 -- After a night of sleep, we'll head to China Town in central Bangkok for a day of sourcing, laughs, caffeinated beverages (hello jet lag!) and fun. You'll see the ways we find fabric and jewelry in this crazy part of the city. For lunch, we'll head to Chattuchuk Market -- the world's largest weekend outdoor market, while also sampling some delightful food (just wait until you try Mango Sticky Rice!). Dinner will include some delicious Thai cuisine & possibly a cultural dance performance. Before we turn in for the night, you'll have the option of pampering at a beautiful Spa where you'll experience an amazing Thai Massage. Others might just want to head to the hotel for some much needed slumber!
- October 23 -- After a restful night of sleep, we will travel together to cross the border to Poipet, Cambodia. This is an all-day event (4-5 hour drive) and allows for a few catnaps on the drive to help you recover from jet lag.
- Once in Cambodia, you have the option to stay at our lovely team center (Party Package) with our Landmine Staff and other guests. Or you may prefer more privacy and choose to stay in your own room at a local hotel (Elite Package).
- October 24-26 -- Our celebration these days will include visiting the village where Landmine Design started -- you'll hear the history about our origins, meet the Landmine Artisans, and see the place where it all began.
- You'll visit the homes of our Artisans, listen to their own stories, and meet their families.
- You will tour our Landmine Design Sewing center and see the space where our seamstresses work each day and will also visit some of their homes to hear their stories as well.
- You'll have the option of visiting one of the schools we run in the slums of Poipet to see the broader scope of our work among the poor.
- You'll also have the option of joining us for an evening of feeding, providing wound care and lice mitigation for street children along the border.
- Our final night in Poipet, will be spent partying together alongside our Landmine Design staff and artisans. We will celebrate Khmer style, (party attire is a must!) with lots of food, music, dancing and sheer fun!
- October 27 & 28 --The final two nights in Cambodia, we will travel to Siem Reap where you'll enjoy a lovely hotel, wonderful cuisine, fun shopping, relaxing massages and also tour the amazing temples of Angkor Wat (one of the seven man-made wonders of the world).
- October 29 -- You will travel back to Bangkok where you'll spend the night at a hotel near the airport for your early morning departure back to the USA
While we'd love to host everyone and anyone, unfortunately, space is limited. Book your trip today by clicking on the pay button below to register and pay your non-refundable $200 deposit to secure your spot. Your deposit is included as part of your total trip cost. Registration is due by August 9, 2023; space availability and flight costs may cause price increases after the August 9 registration, so book early!
Have more questions? Need more information? Not sure how to best book travel to Bangkok? Want to extend your trip and visit other countries/cities in the region? Want to join the celebration, but can't be part of the entire the tour? We're happy to help. Email email@example.com to start the conversation.